A simple reseller agreement is a contract between a manufacturer or supplier and a reseller or distributor. It outlines the terms and conditions that both parties agree to in order to sell the products.
The reseller agreement includes specific details such as the products or services being sold, the pricing, payment terms, shipping and delivery requirements, and any legal restrictions. It is important for both parties to understand these terms before entering into a partnership to avoid any misunderstandings or legal issues down the road.
Here are some key factors to consider when drafting a simple reseller agreement:
1. Products and Services: The agreement should clearly outline the products or services being sold, including any limitations or specifications. This will help both parties understand what is being marketed and sold.
2. Pricing: The pricing structure, including any discounts, rebates, or commissions, should be clearly stated in the agreement to make sure both parties are aware of the financial terms.
3. Payment Terms: The payment terms should be clearly defined, including any deadlines for payment, methods of payment, and any penalties for late payment.
4. Shipping and Delivery: The agreement should outline the terms and conditions for shipping and delivery, including any shipping costs and timelines. This will help ensure that products are delivered on time and in good condition.
5. Legal Restrictions: Any legal restrictions that apply to the products being sold, such as licensing or trademark issues, should be clearly stated in the agreement to ensure compliance with the law.
A simple reseller agreement is essential for any company looking to sell products or services through resellers or distributors. By setting clear terms and conditions, both parties can enter into a partnership with confidence, knowing that they are on the same page. It’s important to have a legal expert review the agreement before signing to ensure all parties are protected.